A step by step tutorial on how to set up a new PPTP VPN connection to a Windows 2008 or higher VPN server.
1. Request from the Network Fish support team the VPN details.
2. Open Control Panel and go to Network and Internet -> View network and tasks
5. Make sure that “No, create a new connection“ is selected and click Next
6. Click on “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”
7. Enter the information provided by the Network Fish support team and click Create. Make sure that “Don’t connect now; just set it up so I can connect later” is ticked only.
8. Click on Change adapter settings
9. Right click on the newly created VPN connection and select Properties
10. Go to the Security tab and change the following settings
a. Type of VPN – Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
b. Data encryption – Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
c. Allow these protocols and check “Microsoft CHAP Version 22 ONLY
d. Click OK
11. Go to the Networking tab and highlight “Internet Protocol Version 4” then click Properties.
12. From this tab you need to click Advanced…
13. On Advanced TCP/IP Settings -> IP Settings uncheck the selected box “Use default gateway on remote network”. Click OK and then again OK.
14. Click on your Network icon then select the VPN connection and click connect.
15. Enter your network username and password then check “Save this user name and password”.
16. Click connect.
Additional information – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc726062%28v=ws.10%29.aspx